Monday 6 May 2013

Last year in my 40's eek!

Well, it's here, my last year in my 40's. To be honest it doesn't bother me I'll be 50 next year. I definitely don't feel it and I've been told I don't look it so I'm not going to worry about it. I woke at 7.30 this morning and could hear the dog moaning. I got dressed and went into the kitchen to get the dog lead and there in the middle of the kitchen floor were two huge piles of vomit!!! I complained to the dog and walked down the passage to let him out the back door where I was confronted by two smaller piles of vomit!!! Dog was pushed into the garden with a few savoury words and I went to hunt out some disposable gloves to tackle the nasty job of vomit cleaning.

Dog was walked and I returned and put the kettle on for a cuppa. Hubby walked into the kitchen and wished me happy birthday. I looked at him in surprise because I had honesty forgotten when I woke this morning that it was my birthday. What with Sherlock's lovely present he left me this morning it never entered my head. I waited for the girls to get up before I opened my cards and presents. I got lovely gifts of a cook book, wine, gold earrings, perfume, a photo in a lovely frame, candles and a candle holder and some money.

Hubby asked if I wanted a birthday cake. He said our youngest daughter said I wouldn't want one because I'm on a diet but he wanted to check. No I said. I want to be good this week so no cake please but thanks for thinking about me having one. I have been naughty and made chocolate fondant which are sat in the fridge ready for tea tonight. I have made only four. These are for daughters, daughters boyfriend and Hubby. I will just watch them eat lol. They were a request from Daughter No3 last week so I had the ingredients in so decided a bank holiday and my birthday was a good a time as any to make them.

I'll just show you my charity shop buy I got Thursday last week.

I did actually buy 6 of these dessert dishes but only pictured 3 of them. As soon as I saw them I thought they would be great for chocolate mousse desserts or any dessert really. They have a good sold base so should not get knocked over easily. I got them for £3.00.

Think it's time to celebrate my birthday with a glass or two of wine and catch the last of the evening sun.

Bye for now x

5 comments:

  1. Many happy returns of the day!! Are you doing anything special for your 50st, next time around? I`m intending to go paragliding for a day. Got to do something out of the ordenary, something to remember, don`t you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do something special Sarina but have not decided yet. For my 40th Hubby and I went to New York for a week but there is no chance of anything remotly like that for my 50th!! Can't afford it. I am starting to think about it though and will keep everyone updated on what I decide I want to do x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Karen xx Its my sons 37th birthday today too! Enjoy your glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm s sorry the dog barfed on your birthday , poor dog, I'm sure he didn't want too, what lovely gifts, and you have very strong will power, I would have eaten the fondant and the cake!!!!

    ReplyDelete