Thursday 5 April 2012

Slimming down nicely

Welcome to my new follower Jan.

Today I did my voluntary job at the charity shop. I put aside a pair of shoes to try and a pair of jeans. Shoes were a little too tight around the toes so they went back and the jeans were a little too tight so they went back. So no money spent in the shop today. Our clothing budget is not getting spent at the moment and is building up nicely. I have got to the stage now where I don't want to waste money buying any clothes because I've got to the stage in my diet where I can notice a difference and just think is it going to be a waste of money buying clothing for them to be too big for me in 4 weeks time.
 
I had a lovely time yesterday evening trying on tops that had gotten too tight to wear before my diet. They all fit lovely now. It has extended my wardrobe a lot. I'm feeling the urge to have a really good clearout of my wardrobe now and rid myself of a lot of clutter that I no longer like or wear anymore.

Been searching for a holiday this evening and very disappointed at what we can get for our money. We save into a account every month for a holiday but it is not a great amount.I looked at a week abroad but the prices are quite expensive for only one week and when I checked them out on review sites they all turned out to be nasty cheap holiday hotels. To be honest I don't think I want to go abroad this year after looking at what we can get for our money, plus Hubby and I need to renew our passports so that's more expense so I looked up one of our favourite holidays here and shall speak to Hubby tomorrow and see if he thinks it's a good idea to go again. We have done PGL twice before but in France and had fantastic holidays each time. If we go again this year we shall try a British based one because the French option is out of our range this year because of the expense of getting there. If you ever want a holiday where your teenage kids will never moan they are bored and you want a fun packed holiday from the moment you arrive until you leave, I promise you a PGL holiday will fit the bill. And no, I do not work for them, I just love them.

5 comments:

  1. Well done on the weight loss, it's so motivating when you start to notice the weight coming off and you can get in to clothes which were too tight for you. I'm really looking forward to my holiday. We always used to go abroad, but we've stayed in England for the last three years and I'm not bothered to travel any further afield at all now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are doing so well. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the weight loss Karen. It's a fab feeling isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi well done on the weight loss its a nice feeling when loss can been seen. I need to get my motivation in gear next week. I tried on 3 of my lovely skirts that used to fit nicely now they are tight ggrrh!
    I bet it must be nice doing the charity shop work. I would be looking at everything! Take care x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Karen just found your blog via Datacreata! I have been reading some of your back posts and found them really interesting.Thanks to you too I have just now wrote a letter about claiming tax back for laundering my uniform for work.I am a healthcare assistant in NHS (I recognised your split trousers as being like mine!!)so think we probably have something in common.Looking forward to reading more,AnneX
    You are doing well on the weight loss too, wish I could find the motivation!

    ReplyDelete