Monday 19 March 2012

Menu Week 19/03/12

MONDAY -Slow cooked stewing beef & onion, mash, cauliflower, broccoli,carrots, peas & Yorkshire puddings

TUESDAY - Roast chicken, roast potatoes, steamed cabbage, carrots and broccoli.

WEDNESDAY - Homemade fishcakes, wedges and mushy peas

THURSDAY - Homemade beef burgers/bean burgers, corn-on-the-cob and chips

FRIDAY - Pasta with a tomato tuna sauce and homemade garlic bread

SATURDAY - Homemade pizzas, homemade coleslaw & wedges

SUNDAY - Leftovers from freezer. Whatever gets picked out first : )

No action yet with the sourdough. Lets see what another day brings. Hope it works.

A rather uneventful day here today. The usual Monday morning shopping then some cleaning around the house followed by some glossing of the paintwork in daughters bedroom. I managed to stand on the lid of the gloss tin and have ended up ruining my new spotty socks! I'm usually allocated the paint jobs because I'm better at painting than Hubby who puts too much paint on then we end up with runs. Will be glad when the bedroom is finished. It doesn't help when daughter still isn't sure how she wants it decorating! She had better make her mind up quick because we want to get it papered this coming Sunday.

Still loving soup for my lunch and have just today finished my leek & potato soup so needed to get a new batch of soup made. I have two I want to make this week. One is a recipe for a chowder type soup on the Aldi recipes. The other soup is a cauliflower soup. I have really been in the mood for cauliflower this week so thought I'd make up a colly soup. This is enough for 3 portions.

CAULIFLOWER SOUP

Half cauliflower broken into pieces
200g potatoes
small onion, chopped 
stock cube dissolved in 500ml hot water
salt & pepper 
pinch nutmeg
300ml milk

I just put everything in a pan except the milk and cook until vegetables are soft.
Whizz with a stick blender and add milk.
Done.

That's my lunch for a few days then I'll try the Aldi soup recipe.

1 comment:

  1. I don't do any of the decorating, I leave it all up to hubby. We're going to start Eleanor's room soon, I hate all the mess and having everything all over the house so I hope it doesn't take long to do.

    ReplyDelete