Sunday 12 February 2012

My turn to be it

I've been tagged by Jo over at http://jo-throughthekeyhole.blogspot.com/ I shall try to answer the questions Jo has asked me.

Firstly, I have to post the rules

1   Post these rules
2   Answer 11 questions from the person who tagged you
3   Create 11 questions to the people you tag
4   Tag 11 people and link them to your post
5   Let them know that you tagged them

Jo asked me the following questions

1   What is your earliest memory?
The thing that always comes to mind is when I was about about 3 1/2 years old and I snook down stairs in the early hours of Christmas day to see if santa had been. I wanted to know if santa had brought a doll I had asked for. I still can remember this scene so vividly it's like it only happened recently. 

2   Who would you hate to be stuck in a lift with and why?
Easy, anybody with body odour. Would be quite unberable to be stuck in a lift for hours with someone with BO.

3   What is your favourite food?
I love pizzas and I love curries. They don't have to be from a takaway or restaurant but I do love them and make them often at home. 

4   What was the first record you bought?
I bought Lena Zavaroni 'personality' I remember my mum taking my brother and myself into a music shop and telling us we could buy a record each. I loved Lena as I used to watch the show, Opportunity knocks and thought it was wonderful a girl my age could be so famous. It was around 1974 and I would have been 10 years old.

5   What's the first thing you do when you get out of bed?
I visit the loo then I clean my teeth. Can't do anything until my teeth are cleaned.

6   What was your first job?
I worked for the  Co-Op Insurance Company on Eastgate, Leeds as an insurance clerk. I  worked my way up to a claims handler until I left to have my first child.

7   Who is your favourite author?
I do enjoy Dean Koontz and Dan Brown.


8   If you could go anywhere in the world on holiday, where would it be?
I have always wanted to visit Australia. My sister-in-law  and her partner lived there for 3 years and the pictures and video tapes they sent us were amazing. Such a fantastic country. We had the invite to stay with them on numerous occasions but we just could not afford the flights at the time for four of us and then they returned to England when the job contract finished so never managed to get there. Our dream is to go there in our lifetime.

9   Do you have a party trick?
No, I've no special party tricks I'm afraid.

10   Will you be watching the 2012 Olympics?
No, I have no interest what so ever in the Olympics


11   Do you have any bad habits?
I would say no but my Hubby would disagree and say me flossing my teeth all the time is irritating to him. 

I don't want to be a party pooper but I don't particularly want to tag 11 people because I have seen this particular tag going around a lot on the blogs I follow and it would just mean tagging again people who have been tagged only recently. So I am happy to answer the questions but I don't feel I can bother fellow bloggers with this who have been through it already. 

Meanwhile,  sat at her laptop flossing her teeth after a slice of toast : )  Oops, old habits died hard.

Today daughter No3 wanted to do some baking. She decided on making some chocolate brownies and we had everything in except walnuts. I did tell her we had a bag of unopened pecan nuts so she used these. Now daughter No3 does not really like nuts in her baking so decided to use only 20g of nuts instead of the 50g the recipe stated. Whilst the brownies were in the oven I nibbled a pecan nut and spat it out in disgust. It tasted rancid. I checked the packet and the best before date was March 2011. I don't take notice of best before dates but I think this is a lesson learnt where nuts are concerned. Thankfully we could eat the brownies and they did not taste too bad if you didn't get much nut in your slice. Now what to do with rancid nuts? Wonder if the birds will touch them. I can only try.  

See you all tomorrow, Bye! x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing along, Karen. I used to love Lena Zavaroni when I was a child and had her LP too, and Jimmy Osmond (oh dear). I remember either my brother or sister buying me Jimmy Osmond's LP and I burst out crying I was so happy. My hubby reads alot of Dean Koontz books and Dan Brown. Glad the brownies didn't go to waste. It's a good job that your daughter didn't use many pecans in the recipe.

    ReplyDelete