Monday 27 February 2012

Lovely evening

Just spent a lovely evening with a friend from the charity shop I volunteer in. She is a young mum of two and does not have many friends and rarely goes out due to financial constraints and lack of babysitters. So tonight I took a bottle of wine to her house and we chatted and had a good laugh whilst her partner was out for the evening. Another friend made through my charity work. Hubby is away with friends down south this weekend so I have asked my new friend over this weekend for a girly night rather than being on my own.

MENU PLAN 27/02/12

MONDAY - Ho fan beef/ prawn and noodles

TUESDAY - fragrant pork rice one pot and homemade bread

WEDNESDAY - Cottage pie/ quorn pie and steamed vegetables

THURSDAY - Paprika chicken/quorn with peppers and rice

FRIDAY - Omelet, jacket potatoes and homemade coleslaw

SATURDAY - prawn or tuna pasta with homemade garlic bread

SUNDAY -  Salmon baked with roasted veg served on pasta

Payday! So my cupboards are bursting and I am trying to start stock piling. I have bought lots of bread flour and plain flour and I think I am going to build up a good supply of these as I think they may rise a lot in price if we don't get much rain for the wheat crops to grow. My freezer is bursting at the seams and I have stocked up on plenty for the girls to be satisfied.

Getting fed up of daughter No3 cooking at school. She has made numerous things and only the lasagne last week was okay to eat. Today she made sweet & sour pork which no one really thought was nice. I always thought sweet & sour was made with pineapple and pineapple juice but her teacher made it with chunks of orange and orange juice. So I will be wasting a lot of the food she made which really annoys me. When she made macaroni cheese the teacher told her to cook the macaroni for 30 minutes! My god, my daughter knew it should only be cooked for about 10 minutes but did not dare go against the teacher. We ended up with a pile of gloop. The birds got it!  I am all for teaching kids how to cook but please get a teacher who can cook  to teach them!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Has your daughter taken cooking as an option? Eleanor dropped it. I'm actually quite pleased as it used to cost me a fortune buying things especially, which hardly ever got eaten. How nice to find a new friend, I bet she's really pleased that she has someone to have a girly natter to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember cooking at school it always seemed like a massive waste of money - I can't remember ever eating anything dd came home with!

    Your menu looks lovely Karen!

    ReplyDelete